Common Reasons Why Your Pet Might Need an ECG
An ECG can yield important information for you and your veterinarian, and the results can answer questions about the overall health of your pet’s heart.
- If your pet has heart disease or another medical condition that can affect their heart
- When your pet’s heartbeat is irregular or difficult to hear during a physical exam
- If your pet needs surgery
- When there are concerns about your pet’s breathing or mobility
- If cardiac monitoring is recommended due to your pet’s medication