Mobile Vet Cat & Dog Blood and Lab Work from the Comfort of Home
With a small sample of your dog or cat’s blood, your vet can learn a lot about the current condition of your pet’s health. During a home visit we are able to test for certain illnesses like heartworm and tick-borne diseases and can usually deliver your results within 24 hours. Should your pet require a more thorough blood panel, we’ll submit samples to our laboratory for further testing and you can expect results back within 2-3 days.
Common Reasons Why Your Pet Might Need Blood Work
- Establish a baseline for future comparison and screen for subclinical conditions
- For common diagnostic tests such as heartworm and tick-borne illnesses
- To monitor the effects of a prescribed medication
- When your dog or cat is experiencing unusual behavior or symptoms of illness
- To perform a senior wellness panel to screen for early signs of disease
What Information Can Blood Testing Provide?
A blood draw may be recommended for your pet in order to run a Complete Blood Count (CBC), which shows the number of red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets; it is the best way to assess your pet’s immune system. A Blood Chemistry panel may also be ordered if your veterinary doctor has concerns about your pet’s organ function. These tests can be helpful in diagnosing metabolic diseases, liver or kidney insufficiency, or electrolyte imbalances, to name a few. Bloodwork may also be requested ahead of a scheduled surgical procedure to make sure that your pet is healthy enough for their procedure.