How BetterVet Care Works in Philadelphia
Philadelphia Mobile Vet Coverage Map
In-Home Vet Services in Philadelphia
Our Service Hasn't Reached Your Area Yet
Woof-hoo! BetterVet Is in Your Area!
What Our Philadelphia Clients Say
More Helpful Resources in Philadelphia
Experience the BetterVet Difference at HomeAvoid long wait times and traffic on 95 when you book a stress-free home visit with one of our trusted veterinarians. We'll come to you!
Frequently Asked Questions
The City of Philadelphia requires that dogs four months old or older must be vaccinated for rabies and licensed. You have 30 days from when you get a dog, or from when you move to Philadelphia with your dog, to get a dog license from the Animal Care and Control Team (ACCT) of Philadelphia. License fees cost $40 for unaltered dogs, while dogs that have been spayed/neutered can apply for a dog license at a discounted rate of $16 (you must show a spay/neuter certificate).
- Level of commitment as pet ownership is a long-term commitment
- Your ability to afford the cost of taking care of a pet, from food, grooming, veterinary care, and other expenses which can easily reach hundreds of dollars per year
- Consider your lifestyle if you have the time to take care of a pet, especially if you travel a lot or have long work hours outside of the house.
- Whether you or your family have allergies to dogs especially the fur
- Choose the right breed for you that will fit your lifestyle and preferences
SEPTA’s pet policy is as follows: “Small animals that are carried in a covered, secured container, that can be stored on the owner’s lap, without danger or disturbance to other customers, will be permitted on vehicles.”